Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3. For Coop.

Although it seems impossible, it's been 3 years since you came into my world.
I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday. I was tired...and scared...and huge...and scared...until I met you. I was so, so ready to meet you.

On that day, I had no idea how much my heart would grow. I had no idea that I'd be up late at night telling stories about dolphins in the pond and "listening for ra-codies" outside. I had no idea that my phone would be full of huntin' and horse games and that my living room would be overtaken with cowboy hats, stinky rubber boots, toy guns, and deer antlers. I had no idea that my evenings would be filled with riding the 4-wheeler down a dirt road, checking on the horse and cows, throwing dog food in the pond for the turtles, and watching the sun set from the front porch. I had no idea that every decision, every path, every thought, every idea, every breath, would always (and will always) begin with you.

And I had no idea that I'd love that as much as I do.

Nothing could have prepared me for the adventure you've given me.

You, little boy.....you bless my heart.
I love you "bigger than the whole sky and the whole stars. I love you the most. I love you the more." I will forever.

Happy 3rd birthday, sugar!

-Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment