Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Cooper Dictionary.

Until about 6 months ago, fingers weren't called "fingers" at our house.  They were called "femurs".  And then, out of the clear blue sky, they were "fingers" again.  He's growin' up.  The first time I heard him call them by their correct name, it stopped me dead in my tracks. 
"What did you just say?"
"Fingers."
"You mean FEMURS????????????"
"No, mama.  FinnnnnngersSay feen-   now say gerrrsssssssss

O.M.G.  I think a teensy little piece of my heart broke with that little convo.  And for a split second, I was almost mad, thinking "Who told him to say it the right way?"  lol  Nobody did.  He's growin' up.  I still say "femurs" all the time, and I probably always will.  I'm constantly corrected.  By my 3 year old.

I think it's crazy that no matter how desperately hard we try to remember every waking moment of our babies' lives, we forget a lot. A lot lot.  And no matter how hard we try to commit ourselves to write down cute things they say, we sometimes forget that, too.

In an effort to preserve my little Cooper Dictionary, I'm hoping that between what I've actually remembered to write down, and blogging about it, I might actually capture most of those little words and funny phrases.

Timberin' -  to pretend.  Ex: Mama, I didn't mean to splash so much water out of the bathtub. I was just timberin' I was a dolphin

Becept - except.  Ex: I look just like you, becept you have crazy hair and mine always looks cool.

'structions - instructions.  Ex: Pop Pop's not followin' the 'structions.

'rections - directions.  Ex: Mama, follow the 'rections!

death fire - ????  Ex: That is scarin' the death fire out of me.

constellations - anything scary.  Ex:  Ahhhh!!!!!!!! Constellations!!!!!!!!

the 'mote - the remote control.  Ex:  Please pass me the 'mote.

UnderGod - Pledge of Allegiance  Ex: I forgot to say my UnderGod!

Moanus and Beezus:  Ramona and Beezus, his favorite movie

You're tearin' my life up:  what he says when he gets a spankin'.

Did you hear that breakin' sound?  That was my heart!:  what he says when the above phrase doesn't work.

50 hundred dollars:  how much EVERYTHING costs.

becent:  percent  Ex:  There's a 80 30 becent chance of rain tomorrow.

who owl:  hoot owl

ra-cody:  coyote

footwrist:  his ankle

Octover fiff:  his birthday, October 5th

Femurs:  what his mama still calls fingers.  :)


These are a few of hundreds...can't wait to remember more to add to the list!



No comments:

Post a Comment